What is Argos OnBoard for HP?
Argos OnBoard for HP automatically uploads new users to your HP LaserJet MFP devices, and tracks all copy, print and scan activity.
Learn more about Argos OnBoard for HP.
Try a fully-functional 10-day trial of Argos today!
Before you start
To install, you will need:
- A functioning Argos system
- Compatible HP MFP device
- IP Address of your HP MFP
- Access to Argos Manager
- Argos Communication Service installed
- At least one PIN code set up for a user in Argos Manager
- HP MFP device password must not be blank
- HTTPS Authentication must be disabled
Installing HP OnBoard
- Browse to Devices & Terminals
- Double-click OnBoard for HP MFP from the Advanced Tracking menu on the right side pane
- Enter the IP address of the MFP device
- Specify the HP device model. Because HP device families behave differently, it's important to specify the correct model number.
- Select each of the three required installation packages in order, push the Install package button. The packages should be loaded in the order listed.
- Enter the Device Password when prompted. Leave username blank.
- Press the Associate client button to connect the MFP to Argos.
- Press the Fetch button next to the Serial number text box to fetch the serial number of the device.
- Click "Open Authentication Manager" to open the HP MFP web page
- If not already logged in, click "Log in" and log in with your device password
- Click Settings>Authentication Manager
- Choose "Argos OnBoard for HP" from the "Sign In At Walk Up" menu
- Click "Apply" and close the web browser
- Click "OK"
- Edit the text to display on the HP panel, if desired
- Click the "Device Information" tab and enter your device name
- Group, Location and Owner are optional settings. Color Assignment does not apply to OnBoard HP MFP devices.
- Click "OK"
- At your MFP front panel, verify that authentication is now required.
Uninstalling HP OnBoard
- Log in to the MFP device page. Select the Settings tab. Select the Authentication Manager section. Set the Sign In At Walk Up list box to None and press Apply.
- Open the Package Loader web page. Uninstall all of the packages. Note: due to dependencies you will need to uninstall each package individually.
- Uninstall will not delete the Argos user cache, jobs cache, properties, or log files.
- Some HP devices, including the CM3530, do not support loading packages through an external UI. For these devices, click the "Open Package Loader" link in the HP OnBoard screen, and manually copy/paste the three package links into the "Enter Package URL" dialog, one at a time.
- When using a USB proximity card reader, HP devices do not support connection or disconnection of USB devices at run time. Doing so may lock the MFP. Only connect or disconnect USB devices when the MFP is off.
- When using a proximity card reader, Argos only supports numeric card ID values. Argos does not support alpha characters in card IDs.
- When changing between keypad or prox card modes, you may need to refresh the MFP screen. This can be done by pressing the "Clear" soft button, "Reset" hard button, or attempting to log in (with a valid or invalid PIN).
- HTTPS authentication should be disabled. On the HP Web admin page, go to Networking>Mgmt. Protocols>Web Mgmt., and uncheck "Encrypt All Web Communication (not including IPP)
|Argos OnBoard for HP Knowledge Base Articles|