Argos OnBoard for Ricoh tracks copy activity on Java-Enabled Ricoh devices. There are two primary components to Argos OnBoard for Ricoh: the Java-based application that gets installed and runs on your Ricoh MFP, and the server-based software that the application talks to. The following instructions are for devices using version 2.x-5.x of Ricoh's SDK/J platform, click here for SDK/J version 10.x or higher instructions.
Before you start
To install, you will need:
- A functioning Argos system
- IP Address of Ricoh device
- HTTPS enabled on Ricoh device
- Access to Argos Manager
- Argos Communication Service installed
- At least one PIN code set up for a user in Argos Manager
Configure the Ricoh MFP in Argos Manager
- Open Argos Manager and click "Devices and Terminals" tab
- Double-click Advanced Tracking>OnBoard for Ricoh MFP SDK/J 2-5 OR OnBoard for Ricoh MFP SDK/J 10+ from the right-side panel (use the adapter specific to your device)
- Enter the IP address of the Ricoh MFP
- Set the Session Timeout time (recommended: 1 minute)
- Set your maximum PIN length
- Click the "Device Information" tab
- Enter the Device name, and optionally, the group, location and owner
Follow this KB article to install Argos OnBoard for Ricoh on your MFP
Some important things to know about the Ricoh adapter:
- All of the copies you create in one login session will be billed as the same job. If you are planning on billing multiple customers, you should log out between jobs.
- Jobs on a Ricoh are tracked by the internal job counter. All paper sizes up to 8.5 x 14 increment the counter by one click, while 11 x 17 paper increments the counter by two clicks. Each click is viewed in Argos as a single sheet of Letter sized paper, so printing a single copy with Tabloid sized paper will be reported as two pages of Letter paper.
- The adapter is only used for tracking copies. Printing to a Ricoh is tracked through a standard Windows print queue.
Ricoh OnBoard is supported on any Ricoh, Gestetner, Savin or Lanier device running Java 2.x - 12.x. Click here to see the current list of supported Ricoh models.
Print tracking on all Ricoh devices is done through our standard Windows/Mac tracking.
Ricoh's proprietary RPCS driver format is not supported by Argos for accurate tracking. The Ricoh PS and PCL6 drivers offer the same functionality and are supported by Argos.
- About Ricoh OnBoard client versions
- Installing the Ricoh Client for ESA Java SDK/J versions 2.x-5.x
- Installing the Ricoh OnBoard Client
|Argos OnBoard for Ricoh Knowledge Base Articles|