What is Argos OnBoard for Sharp?
Argos OnBoard for Sharp enables user authentication on the panel of your MFP, provides Secure Release and Global Print functionality, and tracks all copy, print and scan activity. Argos provides Single Sign On access to other OSA applications and can set different printing limits and restrictions for different users.
Learn more about Argos OnBoard for Sharp.
Not a current Argos user? Try a fully-functional 10-day trial of Argos today!
How to install Argos OnBoard for Sharp
Before you start
To install, you will need:
- IP Address of Sharp device
- Access to Argos Manager
- Argos Communication Service installed
- Sharp AMX3 license installed (External Account Module)
- At least one PIN code set up for a user in Argos Manager
To determine whether your Sharp MFP has an AMX3 license:
- Type the IP address of your Sharp MFP into a web browser
- Click on System Settings > Product Key.
- If "External Account Module" is disabled ("grayed out"), your AMX3 license is installed.
- If "External Account Module" is enabled, contact your Sharp dealer to obtain this license.
Configuring your Sharp MFP
In the default setting, users will enter a PIN code to access the Sharp device. Additional authentication methods are supported, and are discussed below.
To set up your Sharp for the default authentication mode, follow these steps:
- Type your Sharp IP address in a web browser
- Enter your administrator login name and password. The default for Sharp is username: admin, password: admin.
- Browse to Application Settings>External Application Settings>External Accounting Application Settings
- Set "External Account Control" to "Enable"
- Click "Set Authentication Server (Server 1)"
- Type "Argos" in "Application Name"
- Type https://YOURARGOSSERVERIP:7082/sea/ui/LogonByPin.htm in "Address for Application UI"
- Type https://YOURARGOSSERVERIP:7082/sea/ in "Address for Web Service"
- Click "Submit" button
- Click "Reboot Now" button when you are ready to restart the device and turn on Argos OnBoard for Sharp
The following screen will appear on your Sharp device.
There are four different authentication methods available.
Configuring your Sharp device in Argos Manager
Once you reboot your Sharp MFP, it will appear in Argos Manager and start tracking. The name will be set as the device's serial number, and it will appear in the default device group. To change these settings, follow these steps:
- Open Argos Manager and click "Devices & Terminals" tab
- Click "Default" group. Your new Sharp device will appear with a serial number and "Argos Sharp OnBoard"
- Double-click the device name to open the settings
- Click the "Device Information" tab
- Type a name for the device, and optionally set the Group, Location, and Device Manager.
- Click "OK"
Argos Secure Release is available for Sharp devices. Follow these steps to enable and configure.
|Argos for Sharp OnBoard Knowledge Base Articles|
Want to learn more?
Sign up for a guided tour of Argos - every Tuesday at 8am Pacific Time.