What is Argos OnBoard for Canon?
Argos OnBoard for Canon automatically uploads new users to your Canon ImageRunner or ImageRunner Advance MFP, enables Secure Release and Global Print functionality, and tracks all copy, print and scan activity.
Learn more about Argos OnBoard for Canon.
"Set SMTP Authentication" message appears when using Scan to Email or Scan to Me option
SMTP Authentication settings need to be configured correctly on a Canon device to allow Scan to Email functionality. If the following prompt appears when accessing Canon Scan to Email settings, follow these steps.
ImageRunner Advance MFPs
On ImageRunner Advance devices, these settings can also be accessed through the device's web UI.
- Open a web browser and enter the IP address of the ImageRunner Advance MFP
- If prompted, enter a PIN code for an administrator
- Click "Settings/Registration"
- Select "Common Settings" from the "Function Settings" menu
- Click "Set Authentication Method" link
- Set "Information Used for SMTP Server Authentication to "Device Settings"
- Click "OK"
Canon ImageRunner Legacy MFPs
On ImageRunner legacy devices, the settings are done at the panel of the device.
- Press Settings>Registration on Canon MFP panel
- Click Function Settings>Send>E-Mail/I-Fax Settings
- Click Use SMTP Authentication for Each User
- Select "Off"
- Click "OK"
This will allow scan to email without prompting for SMTP authentication.