Argos can import billing codes from any delimited text file. The most common formats are comma (CSV) or tab (TXT), but any delimiter can be supported.
Prepare Your Text File
The text file should be in a machine-readable format. This means it should be separated into columns and not have extraneous information. At a minimum, we require two columns - Number and Name. The following columns are optional and can be included if desired:
- Active (yes/no)
- Project Manager username
- Project Manager first name
- Project Manager last name
- Project Manager domain name
- Project Type
|Multiple Tiers Require Multiple Files|
If you have multiple tiers - for example Client and Matter, or Project and Phase, each tier should be in its own file. The sub-tier should reference the main tier billing code number. For example:
Import Your Text File
- Open Argos Manager and Click Projects
- Click the gear icon at the bottom of the projects pane
- Select "Import..."
- Select "Imports billing codes from a CSV file" and click "Configure..."
- Enter your file location
- Choose your delimiter
- If file has a header column, check "First row contains headers"
- Select values for appropriate columns (Number, Name, etc)
- Click "Preview" to verify the data
- Click "OK"
- Click "Run Now" to run
- Click "Schedule..." to define a recurring import schedule
- Click "Save" and "Close" to finish