- Apply all Microsoft recommended Windows service packs and critical updates from Windows Update
- Download the latest release of Argos 7 from http://www.sepialine.com/get
- Run UnpackArgos7xx.exe to unpack the latest version of Argos
- Follow the standard installation steps to install all desired components on the new server
- Open the Argos Manager to verify that the installation was successful. Note that any changes you make in the Manager will be erased.
- Open the Communication Service health page on Server B to verify that the installation was successful. Make sure that "Last jobs synchronization result" is set to "Success": http://SERVERB:7080/cs/health
Image RemovedImage Added
- Download and install SQL Server Management Studio Express on Server B
- Use SSMSE to connect to Server B with the following credentials:
- Server type: Database Engine
- Server name: ServerB\Argos (replace "ServerB" with the name of your new server)
- Authentication: SQL Server Authentication
- Login: sa
- Password: s3p14_lin3
- Click "Connect"
- Expand "Databases" to display the Argos7 database
- Right-click Argos7 and choose "Delete"
- The Delete Object screen will appear. Check the "Close existing connections" box and click "OK".
- Your Argos7 database will disappear from SSMSE
- Right-click "Databases" and choose "Restore Database"
- Type "Argos7" in the "To Database" field
- Select "From device" radio button and click the Ellipsis (...) button
- The "Specify Backup" dialog appears. Click "Add" and locate your Argos.bak file created during Phase 1
- Click "OK"
- A list of available backup sets will appear. Choose the most recent "Full" backup from the list and click "OK"
- You will receive a message confirming that your database restoration was successful
- Open the Argos Manager to confirm that it successfully communicates with the new database.
- Click View>Settings and click "Database Connection..."
- Verify that the Server field is pointing to the database on your new server
Upgrading from a previous version
If you upgraded to a newer version of Argos while migrating, you'll receive the following error when you launch Manager:
To upgrade the restored database to the current Argos version, run SetupLauncher.exe from the Argos7Installers folder on the new server. Follow the prompts to upgrade the database to match the other components on the server:
Phase 4 - Redirect other servers and workstations to
use the Argos Communication Service on the new server
Any workstations that connected to the Communication Service on Server A will need to point to Server B. We recommend redeploying the client using whichever tool was initially used to deploy the client, such as SMS, Active Directory Group Policy, Sepialine Deployment Center, etc.
At this point, all Argos components should be pointing to the new server. Send test prints from all print servers and verify that users continue to receive the Argos Desktop Client when printing, and new print jobs appear in the Manager on the new server.
Phase 5 - Retire old Argos Integration Services
- Open Argos Manager on the new server
- Go to View>Settings>Task Executors
- Select the old server (in this case shown as last seen 2 hours ago)
- Click the "Retire..." button
- If any Integration tasks (project import, user import, HP Designjet integration, etc) are still using the old integration server, you will be prompted to reassign them to the new server.
|A Task Executor cannot be removed until it has been inactive for 15 minutes.|