What is Argos OnBoard for Sharp?
Argos OnBoard for Sharp enables user authentication on the panel of your MFP, provides Secure Release and Global Print functionality, and tracks all copy, print and scan activity. Argos provides Single Sign On access to other OSA applications and can set different printing limits and restrictions for different users.
Learn more about Argos OnBoard for Sharp.
Not a current Argos user? Try a fully-functional 10-day trial of Argos today!
How to enable Active Directory Authentication with Argos OnBoard for Sharp
Argos OnBoard for Sharp can interact directly with your Active Directory accounts to allow users to type their Windows username and password to log into the Sharp.
- Type your Sharp IP address in a web browser
- Enter your administrator login name and password. The default for Sharp is username: admin, password: admin.
- Browse to Application Settings>External Application Settings>External Accounting Application Settings
- Set "External Account Control" to "Enable"
- Click "Set Authentication Server (Server 1)"
- Type "Argos" in "Application Name"
- Type https://YOURARGOSSERVERIP:7082/sea/ui/LogonByUsernamehtml.htm in "Address for Application UI"
- Type https://YOURARGOSSERVERIP:7082/sea/ in "Address for Web Service"
- Click "Submit" button
- Click "Reboot Now" button when you are ready to restart the device and turn on Argos OnBoard for Sharp
Want to learn more?
Sign up for a guided tour of Argos - every Tuesday at 8am Pacific Time.