- Argos will install Microsoft SQL Server 2008 Express
- Argos will set up a SQL instance called "Argos"
SQL Server 2008 Express requires:
If these components are not installed, SQL Server 2008 Express will require at least one reboot during the installation. If these components are in place prior to your installation, a reboot will not be required.
To install the Argos database to your existing SQL Server:
- Confirm that Mixed-Mode Authentication is enabled on your SQL Server installation.
- Verify that you have a SQL login and password with permissions sufficient to create and own a database.
- Run the Argos Install Launcher .
- Uncheck the SQL Server Express box but make sure the Argos Database box is checked.
- During the Argos Database installation process, you will be prompted to supply your SQL Server name, login, and password. If you have an existing SQL Server instance, type your SQL Server name in the format servername\instancename.
- Allow the Argos Database installation to complete as normal.